For the proper functioning of a computer system, a hard drive is of vital importance. It provides us a large amount of space to store data.
Nowadays, every computer has a large hard drive to store files and programs. But the fastest hard drive can become slow if you keep too much mess.it can slow down your computer and your internet speed. If you are facing internet speed issues you can check the speed by using our tool. To check the internet’s speed, click on the link below https://www.allspeedtest.com/ptcl-speed-test
Here are some of the reasons that cause hard drive speed to slow down.
- Bad sectors are one of the main reasons for slow hard drive speed
- Viruses on the hard drive are also the reason for the slow speed
- Several versions of the same file stored on the hard drive
Here are ways to increase the hard drive speed
Delete temporary files
The internet browser often stores a lot of temporary internet files on your hard drive. These files take a lot of space and slow down the speed of the hard drive. By deleting these files, you can easily increase the speed of your hard drive. The following steps can help you clean your hard drive.
- After clicking the Windows button Enter the Computer folder
- Search your hard drive icon and then left-click on it
- In the menu, select the Properties option
- Press the Disk Clean-up button in the Properties dialog box
- Select the option of Files
- Check the boxes of the files you want to delete and then click the OK button
Scan Hard Drive
Scanning your hard drive for bad sectors is also a great option if you want to boost the speed of your hard drive. You can use the Check Disk tool for this purpose to find out if your hard disk has bad sectors or not. These steps need to be performed for scanning your hard drive.
- After clicking the Windows button enter the Computer button
- Search your hard drive icon and right-click on it
- In the menu, select the properties option
- Enter the Tools tab in the Properties dialog box
- Press the button saying Check Now
- Check the boxes of options ‘Automatically fix file system errors’, attempt recovery of bad sectors, and then click the start button
Defrag your Hard Drive
You can also defrag your hard drive to boost its speed and performance. It is the process through which the scattered bits of a file are piled together in a single block so that they are accessed more quickly by the hard drive.
- After clicking the Windows button enter the Computer folder
- Search your hard drive icon and then right-click on it
- Select the Properties option in the menu
- In the Properties dialog box, enter the tools tab
- Press the button labeled as Defragmented
- In the menu that appears click the Defragment option to start the process
If all the above processes didn’t bring any change in the speed then it’s most likely there is an issue in the hardware. In such cases, it is best to replace the old hard disk with the latest version which will boost your computer’s speed.
Hard disk speed is very important for the computer. If the hardware speed is slow, it’ll take a lot of time to access programs and files and it will also slow down the speed of your internet. If you are facing internet speed issues you can test it by using our tool by clicking on the link below.
If you want to upgrade your hard drive and improve its speed follow these steps.
- Scan your hard disk regularly
- Defragment your hard disk twice a week
- After few months reinstall your Windows Operating System
- Disable the hibernation feature
- Empty your recycle bin from time to time.